RE: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Converting talk types?

Glad you asked.  The answer is no.  :)

Ok, I'm being extreme here.  Your first thought should be to convince
those long talk submissions to use a short talk format.  Please pursue
this first before dismissing the short talks out right.  You get better
exposure to your category by having more talks.  If that turns out to be
impossible, then we'll need to discuss as a group.

I've asked Bjorn if we can free up any more space at the conference for
long talks.  He's going to recalculate the numbers, but don't hold your
breath.