Re: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Fake Steve Jobs

+1

http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/09/suns-ever-changing-strategy.html

*chuckles*

Cheers,

---
Chris Aniszczyk | IBM Lotus | Eclipse Committer | http://mea-bloga.blogspot.com | +1.860.839.2465

Inactive hide details for "Donald Smith" ---09/14/2007 12:44:15 PM---So, Fake Steve Jobs, aka Forbes Editor Dan Lyons, is avail"Donald Smith" ---09/14/2007 12:44:15 PM---So, Fake Steve Jobs, aka Forbes Editor Dan Lyons, is available for our dates, and his price is with

"Donald Smith" <donald.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Eclipsecon Program Committee list'" <eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee@xxxxxxxxxxx>

09/14/2007 12:44 PM

[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Fake Steve Jobs

So, Fake Steve Jobs, aka Forbes Editor Dan Lyons, is available for our dates, and his price is within budget – 15-20k + travel.

IMO, he is hilarious and right on message (lambasting Apple, SUNW and MSFT for closed thinking stupidness).

Here are some links to give you an idea of what he is about:

http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/
http://www.thelavinagency.com/usa/danlyons.html (his abstracts seem bang on)
Amazon Book: http://tinyurl.com/24mpct

The problem is that he does not have a public speaking track record – there are no references and no available video clips. In fact, part of the negotiation on price would be if we would be willing to provide video clips from his keynote (if we’re recording things). So there is some risk.

The reason he has no references is that he is just getting started – it was only made public who he is on August 5th – and he just signed up with the speaking agency.

Here is a vid from a press interview he did after he was “outed”:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcQEdEVwPI

We’re going to ask around to see if any of our PR contacts know Dan personally and if they think it could work out.

Thoughts?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_pNJFZtinpKY/RunVvrOGofI/AAAAAAAAB1o/r5TW3cXQXgA/s400/sunstrategy2.gif

GIF image

GIF image