[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] minutes and AIs from Friday, September 16th telecon

Minutes:

  • Keynote speaker confirmations in flight – targeting next Friday for responses from everyone:
    • ASF: Greg Stein (Tim)
    • Amazon: Gene Pope (Tim/Bjorn)
    • Borland: Boz (Sri)
    • IBM: Thomas (Sri)
    • Eclipse: John/Erich (Tim)
    • Joel Spolsky (Tim)

If we receive any declines, we’ll re-evaluate options at the next meeting before accepting speaker-suggested substitutes.

  • Pre-keynote intro sessions (10-15 minutes) approved
  • Discussed advertising/logos for CFP (see AIs)
  • Discussed driving tutorial content through various communities
  • Discussed JavaLobby’s recording offer and alternatives (see AIs). This would address expense issue, but leaves open the logistical issue of presenters needing to transfer their s/w environment onto different machines.
  • AIs
    • Ian/Bjorn – Logo for CFP?
    • Ian – contact SourceForge re: advertising
    • MikeB – POC on NetMeeting or other application sharing technology as a recording vehicle; based on outcome we’ll re-evaluate JavaLobby’s recording offer
    • Sri – circulate email on “coaching” Borland and Oracle speakers
    • Tim – get email addresses of last year’s tutorial presenters (in flight; waiting for list) and invite them to re-submit updated talk abstracts this year
    • All sub-committees: work with your communities and contacts to drive tutorial submissions; we have only 7 submissions at the moment

Please send any additions or corrections to the distribution list.

Attending:

Tim

Lawrence

Ian