[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Re: Friday, September 2nd telecon: resolutions and AIs

  • Public deadlines:
    • revised to be November 1st for tutorial submissions and November 15th for technical submissions; latter will be extended to 12/1 when we arrive at it
I think that's not a good idea, but perhaps it's just me.  Here's my logic: this year's conference is 15+ days later than last year's conference and yet we're asking for the papers 15 days earlier? So we're asking for the papers a whole month earlier than last year? Things move fast in Eclipse-land - a month is a lot of innovation. It seems that we'd want to have the deadline as late as possible to get as much interesting stuff as possible... But, like I said, that's just my opinion.

    • AI: [bjorn] Update technical talk deadline on EclipseCon site DONE

  • Tutorials
    • Use last year’s list (along with any statistics on signups and/or feedback forms) to elect topics that should be repeated
    • AI: [ian] get available statistics and post to this email list DONE - see attached
  • Recording presentations
    • Recording each session is prohibitively expensive
I was a bit wrong on how expensive, but it's still expensive.  It would require $50-75/person not $175/person. But that's still more than we have in the budget.
    • Using a single room requires subsetting the sessions recorded and doubles the time commitment for each presenter selected
Well, we could record one of the rooms - we can probably find the money for that somehow - and then just schedule the sessions we want recorded into that room.  That doesn't double the presenters time commitment.