From: eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tim Wagner
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 11:17 AM
To: Eclipsecon Program Committee list
Subject: [eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Agenda for today'smeeting (Friday, September 2nd)

Welcome back to our EclipseCon 2006 program committee telecons. We have quite a bit to catch up on today and our keynote deadline is approaching. As a reminder, callin info is 1-888-722-7907, 9262945# at 10am PDT / 1pm EDT today.

  • Procedural issues
    • Doug unable to make call today
    • Introduce Simon Archer of IBM as a new user-track committee member
    • Confirm telecon schedule for September (remaining Friday’s, this time slot)
    • Establish October telecon schedule
    • AI’s from previous call, apart from keynote solicitation
      • eclipse.org front page announcement (Bjorn)
      • EclipseCon banner for other sites to use (Bjorn)
  • Review of public (published) deadlines and internal (acceptance) dates
    • Drop dead dates for *us*
      • 10/1 keynotes
      • 11/15 tutorials
      • 12/15 all other talks
    • We need to decide on the handling of public deadlines for the latter two.
  • Keynote speakers
    • Available
      • John and Erik’s “state of Eclipse” talk
      • Greg Stein (or possibly Geir) from Apache SF
      • Andy Carmichael (“Better Software Faster”)
    • Proposed (availability uncertain)
      • Gene Pope of Amazon.com
    • Other ideas
      • Ron Crocker (Motorola), proposed by Bjorn
      • CIO (Doug’s AI – maybe Nortel? update may not be avail for this call.)
      • eBay (suggestion from Ian)
    • Developer Track status / Borland update (Sri)
    • User Track status (Paul)
    • Business Track status (Maher)
  • Tutorial progress report
    • Review of current status in EclipseConZilla
    • Additional plans to solicit content?
  • Technical talks
    • “Reservation” system for top-level projects?
    • Open discussion of what we should do to solicit abstracts
  • Other matters
    • EclipseCon on agenda for member conference in Chicago; will ask Ian to help solicit content (and content suggestions) from addin provider community in particular
    • any additional agenda items

Back to the top