[eclipse.org-eclipsecon-program-committee] Minutes from conference call

Bjorn took the minutes on behalf of the vacationing Tim.

Attending: Doug, Sri, Lawrence, Paul, Maher, and perhaps one more person whose name I forgot to write down.

Status of action items from the last meeting:
  • Doug says it will take another couple weeks to track down a CIO. He's going to work on Nortel as a good candidate.
  • Sri has been talking to people but does not have any good leads yet. He is considering IBM, Borland, Oracle, BEA, HP, and is open to other suggestions.
  • Bjorn provided an update on Eclipsezilla and some of its neat features. The most interesting item seemed to be the fact that we can update the website ourselves this year - Bjorn fired the company that being the bottleneck and chose a different web contractor this year.
  • Paul said that MikeB had not done his action item yet.
In new business:
  • Maher asked the group if there was a theme to this year's conference. In 2004 it was very developer focused and he wondered if there was a different theme this year. Bjorn mumbled something, but since he's writing these minutes, will clarify his mumble: Bjorn thinks the theme should be "the whole community getting together to talk to the whole community". In other words, it's about the three communities, not just one.
  • There was a discussion about whether a keynote about licensing issues would be interesting. I think the consensus was that a panel would be better.
  • There was a discussion about how many slots we have and how to allocate them. Bjorn explained that if we have five parallel rooms, we have 55 slots not including keynotes. One slot can hold one long talk, 6 short talks, or one panel. There are 42 tutorial slots. The initial slot distribution will be approximately 1/3 to each track, although it will be adjusted based on the number of submissions, etc.
  • Bjorn has sent three keynote e-introductions to Tim: Amazon.com, Microsoft, and Motorola. When Tim gets back from vacation, he can do something with them.
  • There needs to be an eclipse.org front page announcement about EclipseCon. Bjorn takes this action item.
  • There needs to be an EclipseCon banner that sites can use on their own sites. Bjorn takes this action item as well.

Back to the top