[eclipse.org-committers] Service shutdown plans - update.

Hello,

  I just wanted to remind you all that we are continuing our work[1][2] to deprecate the following services:

Bugzilla
Gerrit
Cgit
Wiki

The timeline for the final shutdown of these services is still more than a year away, but it will be here sooner than you think.

We have begun the process of moving project repos to Gitlab(as part of the Gerrit shutdown) and the first batch of projects selected/notified in Q1 2023 are in progress.  We will continue to move 10-15 projects per quarter and will notify you ahead of time via Gitlab and a post on the project dev list when it's your projects turn.

If you'd prefer not to wait(or have specific timing needs), please file an issue[3], and the Webmaster team will do our best to accommodate you.

Speaking of getting a head start, the Wiki is scheduled to go read only in Q1 2024, so you will want to extract any content you still want to maintain before then.  You can use the Wikis built in 'Special::Export' feature or simply mirror the content with something like wget.  We encourage projects to add this content to their co-located wikis on Gitlab/Github so that it's closer to your code, and easier to keep up to date.

If you have any questions, feel free to send Webmaster an email or comment on on of the issues[4][5]

-Matt.

[1 ]https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Gerrit/Gerrit-and-Bugzilla-deprecation-and-migration-plan
[2] https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/wikis/Wiki-shutdown-plan
[3] https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk