Re: [eclipse.org-committers] How to deal with stackoverflow contributions

> Stackoverflow has a license
> https://stackoverflow.blog/2009/06/25/attribution-required/

This covers their back, but not ours.

Imagine a junior dev taking some company code and pasting it to StackOverflow without being aware of this implicit license grant!
Since he doens't own the rights himself he also cannot grant anything to SO.

So better be careful.

Otoh if the source is so trivial that it doesn't even create originary IP (threshold of originarity), then there is no IP on the code at all and you are free to use it. There is a big grey area between those ends.

LieGrue,
strub