Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Experience using GitHub verus Eclipse.org Hosted Git

On 3 Apr 2016, at 23:12, Michael Vorburger wrote:

Just in case you guys haven't seen it yet, re. the point made several times on this thread in different ways re. GitHub's PR model with multi and ugly merge commits and manual squash vs. Gerrits single commit with --amend:

They changed that JIT - check out
https://github.com/blog/2141-squash-your-commits.

No, they just added a button that will squash instead of do merge commits.

It does not change their workflow model and btw. if you have multiple authors in that PR
that authorship is lost.

btw. if you want to see article talking about the efficiency of gerrit over github when it comes to code review see http://www.beepsend.com/2016/04/05/abandoning-gitflow-github-favour-gerrit/

/max

PS: Stefan & Kai, I know you've seen this already - I noticed it because of
your RTs! ;)

---
http://www.vorburger.ch