I think we will eventually do the move, but there is currently some short term chaos that means we need to delay the decision for a week or two. We need to also discuss this with the committers on the Orion list.

Once again, thanks for your input,
Steve

Inactive hide details for Gunnar Wagenknecht ---03/30/2016 09:08:26 AM---Hi Steve, >Gunnar Wagenknecht ---03/30/2016 09:08:26 AM---Hi Steve, >

From: Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Steve Northover/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx, Discussions for new Eclipse projects <incubation@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/30/2016 09:08 AM
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Experience using GitHub verus Eclipse.org Hosted Git

Hi Steve,

> Am 29.03.2016 um 21:01 schrieb Steve Northover <snorthov@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Rather, I'm interested in things like GitHub Issues versus Bugzilla.

GitHub Issues is a separate concern from Git hosting. You can use GitHub just for Git hosting and continue using Bugzilla for issue tracking. Keep in mind that GitHub Issues are not integrated with the Eclipse project infrastructure. GitHub issues has a nice UI and the feature set is a bit more limited, though. Webmasters have a solution for backing up your data (in case case GitHub goes away).

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,