[eclipse.org-committers] Emergency reboot of NFS servers

Folks,

We need to reboot both NFS servers this afternoon to apply a critical Kernel update.  If we don't reboot them, they may freeze on their own[1].  We're a bit "under the gun" since one of them can freeze any nanosecond now  :(

We expect many Eclipse.org services to seemingly "hang" for a few minutes while the servers restart and come back into service.  We're planning this restart at 3:30pm Eastern today, which is in less than 1h 30 minutes from now.

We apologize for the inconvenience.  At least our Linux systems have given us 208 days of uptime, instead of only 49.7[2]  :)

[1] http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009834
[2] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216641

Back to the top