[eclipse.org-committers] Kepler: enabling download stats and using mirrors

The Eclipse Foundation provides a mechanism to gather download statistics for your project's downloadable files. Since there are typically two ways for users to download your bits, stats must be "enabled" in two locations:

ZIP files

If you're using the Find a Mirror script, thank you.  Downloads are automatically counted for your zip files.  Please see: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Project_Download_Stats

If you are linking directly to http://download.eclipse.org, please don't.  Our downloads area is mirrored worldwide to reduce our bandwidth usage and provide a faster download for your users.  Please see the above link for the proper way to link to your ZIP files.

From p2 repos

Your p2 repos should also use mirrors -- this is not enabled by default.  Please use mirrors: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/p2.mirrorsURL

To enable stats tracking, two properties must be defined in your repo.  Please see: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_download_stats

If stats are enabled in your p2 repos, they will also be available from the Juno/Kepler aggregate repos if your projects are included.

Querying the database

Only Eclipse committers can query the database.  Log into the MyFoundation portal (http://portal.eclipse.org/) using your Committer ID and use the [tools] for all Committers option of the Eclipse Projects portlet.