[eclipse.org-committers] Mid-summer infra update

I hope everyone in the northern hemisphere is enjoying their summer! Webmasters have once again taken advantage of the slow summer season to do some much needed maintenance.

Thanks, Oracle!
Oracle has become an EclipseCon Europe Hardware Sponsor, and that means more servers for us.  I suspect most of those servers will be deployed towards the Common Build Infrastructure (Hudson).

    http://eclipsecon.org/europe2012/

Simplified Network Access
Many services, such as Git, Bugzilla and Wiki, are hosted on load-balanced and redundant hardware.  It was never a design consideration that these services would be accessed from within our own network, so along the years we hacked ways to make it work.  It was cumbersome and confusing, and it has been addressed.

We've refactored our internal networks to provide the same load-balanced and redundant services also to the inside servers, such as build and Hudson.

Bugzilla upgrade
Bugzilla has been upgraded to version 4.2.1.  You can read the release notes here: http://bugzilla.org/releases/4.2.1/release-notes.html

Hudson upgrade
Matt has done lots of work towards making our Hudson instance perform better, including an upgrade and splitting slave1's resources to a new slave, slave4.

Moving to Git?
With CVS going away in just under 5 months, many projects are moving to Git.  So far migrations are going very well, and the CVS/SVN->Git conversions are fairly smooth and painless.  You can read the Migration docs here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git/Migrating_to_Git

Plan early so your project is not left behind!

Thanks for reading!  If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Denis & Matt

Back to the top