[eclipse.org-committers] [Eclipse] Infra update: More bandwidth, more build servers, Cool Contest!

Greetings!

We've increased our bandwidth limit from 120 to 140 Mbps.  This will help us cope with the substantial increase in traffic that started with Indigo SR2 on Feb 24. As Ian has reported on his blog [1], we're seeing a dramatic increase in hits from Asia, especially after Indigo SR2.

COOL CONTEST: How many Gigabytes do the Eclipse.org servers transfer to the Internet each month? Let me know via Twitter @droy_eclipse and win a free beer at EclipseCon [2].  Committer Board Reps are not eligible to participate   :-)  Please note: your odds of winning a prize are pretty much guaranteed provided you tweet an answer and come to EclipseCon.  No rainchecks.

In other news, last month our friends at IBM have donated two powerful IBM POWER7 [3] servers, which have been deployed to our Hudson build farm [4].  Please make sure your build gurus are leveraging these monster servers for your project's builds.

Also, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has helped keep our downloads footprint a reasonable size in recent months.  Your efforts spent purging files and archiving older releases are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading; I look forward to seeing everyone at EclipseCon in 12 days!!

Denis

[1] http://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2012/03/08/eclipse-is-taking-off-in-china-india-and-south-korea/
[2] http://eclipsecon.org/2012/
[3] http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/