[eclipse.org-committers] Reminder: File server replacement Saturday, July 28

Just a quick reminder that early Saturday morning (Eastern time), July 28, I'll be replacing our single broken file server with the pair of new servers we've recently acquired.

To do this, I'll need exclusive access to all of eclipse.org to ensure all the file systems are in sync.  It will take several hours for this sync to complete, and during this time, Hudson will be unavailable, and most of the other eclipse.org services will be put in read-only mode.

You can help reduce the sync time drastically by deleting stale, unused files in these areas:
- your user home directory
- /shared on build.eclipse.org
- download.eclipse.org
- archive.eclipse.org

Thanks for your help.  Overall performance should be restored (and even augmented) once we've moved to the new hardware.

Denis

Back to the top