[eclipse.org-committers] Upcoming Reviews, Dec. 15-22/2010

Greetings folks.

The EBam project [0] is undertaking a 0.8 Release review [1] from Dec 15-22.

I'm very excited to tell you about two new project proposals.

WindowBuilder [2] is already known as one of the best Java GUI builders on the market. It supports both SWT and Swing and is fully bi-directional, meaning that you can work on the code or the visual design – it’s your choice. Just as importantly, the architecture is extensible so the team hopes to see additional designers built on top. Part of the goal here will be to create an ecosystem of open source and commercial extensions that make use of WindowBuilder’s core functionality to create GUI designers, as Google plans to do with its GWT Designer offering.

Runtime Analysis Tools (RAT) [3] comes from CodePro Profiler, an excellent Java application profiling tool. The profiler supports Java developers to inspect the running applications, find performance bottlenecks, detect memory leaks and solve problems regarding thread concurrency in Java applications.

Both of these projects intend to join the simultaneous release to be part of Indigo. They should also find a place in one of more of the downloadable Eclipse packages. I hope that you're as excited about this as I am ;-)

If you have any questions about the new projects, post them on the Proposals Forum [4].

Thanks,

Wayne

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/ebam
[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=185226