[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Blogs site - blogs.eclipse.org

Greetings,

I put together a Wordpress site some time ago [1] to allow committers to Blog while being covered by the Eclipse website Terms of Use/Privacy Policy.

The blogs site is so agonizing to maintain that I simply don't. However, in its current state, it has some bugs, and the software needs to be updated for security's sake.

As I prepare to spend days hacking away at this upgrade endeavor, I'd like to ensure that the tool is indeed required or desired and being used for its intended purpose. I don't see many committers using it compared to all the committers who use external blog sites, so I just want to ensure that upgrading it is the best usage of my team's time.

So I'm asking you: is blogs.eclipse.org a useful tool worth upgrading, or should we simply shut it down?

Please post comments and follow-up discussion to http://bugs.eclipse.org/247882

Thanks,

Denis

[1] http://bugs.eclipse.org/179857