[eclipse.org-committers] Shell access to Eclipse servers suspended temporarily

Folks,

A recent exploit in the Linux kernel was found and made public. Although we have tested our systems to not be vulnerable, we have suspended all shell access to our servers until we can either get confirmation from our vendor that their product is not vulnerable, or a patch. CVS and SVN over SSH are unaffected -- only those attempting to use a shell will be denied.

On a related topic, if your project has a vserver, you may want to ensure your vserver is not vulnerable, as the Eclipse webmasters do not manage and maintain individual project vservers.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. I'll keep you posted.

Denis

Back to the top