[eclipse.org-committers] Infrastructure update: Disk space, Bugzilla, Europa retrospective

Greetings committers,

A quick Infrastructure update for you.

1. Disk space usage (not again!?)
2. Bugzilla
3. Europa retrospective
4. IPZilla AutoScans

1. Disk space usage
===================

As our tape backup capacity has been reached, I come before you with my usual song-and-dance, imploring you clean up your downloads and archives space from stale or obsolete files that can be purged.

For reference, here are the golden rules for downloads content:

* Official release builds can be kept forever
  * older releases should be moved to archive.eclipse.org
* stable builds can be kept while they are pertinent (6 months?)
* nightly and I-builds should be deleted after a couple of weeks
* older update site JARs should perhaps be archived as well

Below is a list of each project's disk space usage for both downloads
and archives [1]. If you need assistance in cleaning up, please contact
us. We also welcome cron job suggestions that move/delete files
automatically.

2. Bugzilla
===========

I've increased the maximum attachment size to 10 MB.  To attach files
larger than 2 MB (up to 10 MB), you must check the "BigFile" option on
the attachment page.

3. Europa retrospective
=======================

Kudos to everyone on successfully launching Europa. There are a couple of things I've noticed:

- Some projects still don't use mirrors, or don't take mirrors seriously. Using mirrors is easy, saves tons of bandwidth for bugzilla and CVS, it gives you download stats, and it makes you a good Eclipse Citizen. Most importantly, being a good Eclipse Citizen earns you the right to complain when our site is slow :-)

- Official Releases of high-profile projects need at least 12-24 hours
of mirror time before being made available to the general public.
Without any mirrors to download from, users become frustrated by slow
download speeds and committers become frustrated from our site's slow
performance.

Hint: if your project is a top-10 project on the Eclipse.org downloads
page, that's a sign you need allow time for mirroring. Please feel free to contact us for assistance with mirror preloading.

4. IPZilla AutoScans
====================

Some committers have expressed confusion as to the reason the Eclipse
Genie is auto-scanning their IPZilla attachments. These auto-scans are
fully automated and currently intended for the IP Team, and we have made
the AutoScan message more apparent of that.

Thanks for reading.  If you have any questions or concerns, or if you
need any assistance, please contact your friendly neighborhood webmaster at:
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx

[1]
download.eclipse.org
12G     birt