[eclipse.org-committers] Organize an Eclipse DemoCamp

All,

The Eclipse Foundation would like to organize a series of informal meetings of the Eclipse community during the month of November.   We are going to call them Eclipse DemoCamps.   The idea is similar to the BarCamp concept, an informal, ad-hoc gathering of people in the Eclipse community.  At the Eclipse DemoCamps, we are going to encourage individuals to demo their interesting product, application, tool or widget that they are building on Eclipse.

We would like to solicit your help in organizing an Eclipse DemoCamp in your city.   We have already identified organizers in Austin, Portland, Ottawa, Vancouver and Toronto.  As an organizer you will be responsible for finding a location (usually a local pub or bar), providing a projector and screen for the demos and help promote the DemoCamp to the local Eclipse community.  The Eclipse Foundation will sponsor the event up to $500 per city.   We will also promote the DemoCamps to the entire Eclipse community.  More information about being an organizer can be found here.

Our hope is that this will be a great way for local Eclipse communities to connect, share ideas and show off what they are doing with Eclipse.   We hope you agree and will help volunteer to organize an event in your city.

Please feel free to contact myself or Lynn Gayowski if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation