[eclipse.org-committers] Register TODAY for the Eclipse Members, Committers Meeting and Marketing Symposium

Committers,

The impression I hear from the membership is that the Members Meetings are for “marketing and business types” and not really of much value for committers.  Which is really too bad, because I don’t think it’s even remotely true.  The Members Meeting and yes, even the Marketing Symposium is something that each project should have at least one committer attend.  Here are just a few points:

-          There is a lot of great info and discussions on building community and momentum for your project.

-          It’s a great place to meet the users of your projects and pick their brains.

-          It’s a great place to hang out with your committer board representatives and share your feedback.

-          It’s a great place to network with people who might be able to help you out later.

Moreover, there are few events this year where we really need your help  (please contact me for details or if you can participate):

-          Meeting to help plan future changes to the Eclipse Development Process

-          Project demos for the members reception

-          Project Updates during the Members Meeting

-          Project Meetings

-          Committer’s Break-out session reviewing steps to create and manage a project at Eclipse, pow-wow on licensing and IP Policy and building community around your project.

If there are any committers who want to attend but are having a challenge getting the time/travel approved – let us know and we’ll see if we can help justify the value to whoever we need to.  Mike can be very persuasive J

See below for details of the Marketing Symposium agenda – other details will follow – check out the RegOnline link for details as they become available.

-          Don