[eclipse.org-committers] Come to the Eclipse Monkey BOF

Hi Everyone,

For those not familiar with Eclipse Monkey, it is a Eclipse project
designed to facilitate scripting of the Eclipse environment using
JavaScript or other scripting languages. These scripts are then easily
shareable between users.

http://www.eclipse.org/dash/

One of the core pieces is that Eclipse Monkey provides an abstract and
simplified API to the scripter, allowing them to more easily do things
that make sense in a scripting context with minimal lines of code. An
example might be to insert text into the current editor, check a file
out from source control, export a build, etc.

We'd like to work with each of the Eclipse projects to provide these
simplified APIs (or DOMs) to EM users. Eclipse Monkey will be part of
the Europa simultaneous release, and we'd love to have a full set of
DOMs available by release. We're holding a BOF on Wednesday night. If
you have time, please stop on by and we'll show you how easy it is to
provide this layer to your users and get you started.

http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=sub/&id=4247

If you have any questions, please let me know, or send it to the
dash-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list

Cheers,
Ingo

Back to the top