[eclipse.org-committers] Bootcamp, Meetings and Friends at EclipseCon

All,

EclipseCon is always a great place to organize a project meeting or expand your project community by organizing a BOF or project meeting.  Last year we received feedback from the community that organizing the BOFs on-site at the conference provided too little time to generate awareness and attendance. This year we are making it possible for committers and project leaders to pre-schedule them. To reserve a room please send an email to Wayne Beaton [1].   The deadline for guaranteeing a room (initially one per project) is February 9, 2007.

We understand that the best project meetings and BOFs are events which pull together many people from your project's community. Ideally, a mix of committers, adopters and users come together with their various viewpoints. To help facilitate this, we are going to be offering a "Friends of Eclipse" discount for EclipseCon. Every Eclipse committer will be allowed to offer two friends, adopters or colleagues a 10% discount when they register at their first EclipseCon. To make this offer to your Friend of EclipseCon and to find out more (including those ever-popular terms, conditions and restrictions) please check out this page [2].

Our community has seen a lot of growth in the number of new projects at Eclipse. To help with the many new new committers and project leaders --- and even those experienced ones interested in learning more about Eclipse's recently revised development [3] and IP processes --- we will be holding a Committer Bootcamp on Sunday, March 4th at 1:00pm. So please arrange your travel accordingly. More details will follow shortly in an email from Ward. This will be a free event. You don't need to be registered at EclipseCon to attend.

BTW, please don’t forget to register [4] for EclipseCon before February 14 to qualify for the early registration prices.

[1] mailto:wayne.beaton@xxxxxxxxxxx

[2] http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=inviteafriend/

[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Development_Process_2006_Revision_Final

[4] http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/index.php?page=registration/