[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse.org outage

Folks,

Yesterday at 18:00 Eastern Time, eclipse.org suffered an outage identical to the one that occurred on Jan. 8. Our primary backend server silently died of what appears to be a kernel crash. At this time, we have switched to using the secondary backend server, as the primary is obviously broken.

Because the primary and secondary backend servers are not in perfect sync all the time, some of the CVS files you had committed in the minutes leading up to the crash may not have been replicated. Please sync your workspaces with CVS as soon as you can to make sure everything has been committed properly. CVS is replicated to the secondary server every 15 minutes, but can be delayed by several minutes if server load is too high.

I apologize for the inconvenience this causes -- none of this is enjoyable for us either, and we're carefully investigating the cause of these crashes so that they don't happen again.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Denis, Matt and Karl.

Back to the top