[eclipse.org-committers] Help Celebrate the 5th Eclipse Birthday

This coming November 7, it will be five years since Eclipse was first
released as an open source project.   To celebrate, we would like to
organize a number of birthday parties in different countries and cities
around the world.   The idea is to have many informal gatherings of Eclipse
members, committers, users and general enthusiasts.

We already have parties organized in Bangalore, Boston, Dallas, Portland,
Ottawa, Shanghai and Stuttgart.  However, we would like to have more cities
and countries covered.   Therefore, we are soliciting assistance from
Eclipse committers and Eclipse member companies to help organize local
parties.   Organization is as simple as reserving a room in a local
bar/pub/restaurant and then spreading the word to the local Eclipse
community.   The Eclipse Foundation will help cover the costs, up to US$1000
and promote the event on our web site.

If you are interested in organizing a local party, more details can be found
at http://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipsebirthday5/hostaparty.php.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself or Lynn
Gayowksi.

Thanks
Ian

Ian Skerrett