Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Your Comments on the Eclipse Development Process

Committers,

Your Committer Board representatives (Kai, Jeff, Scott and Tim) would like to solicit your participation in the review and revision of the Eclipse Development Process:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Development_Process_2006_Revision

The changes to the development process are significant, and tackle important and long awaited issues such as project mentoring, incubation, and stronger project reviews. It is important that we get this right and thus want to strongly encourage you to actively participate in the revision process by reviewing and providing comments/suggestions in areas where you feel it is needed.

You can provide comments and suggestions directly via the wiki, and/or via us if you prefer:

Kai-Uwe Maetzel:
kai-uwe_maetzel@xxxxxxxxxx
Jeff McAffer:
Jeff_McAffer@xxxxxxxxxx
Scott Lewis:
slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tim Wagner:
twagner@xxxxxxx

Also, Jeff, Scott, and Bjorn are at the Eclipse Summit Europe this week, and would like to chat face-to-face about this or other committer concerns/issues if you are attending.

Thanks,

Kai, Jeff, Scott, and Tim

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
Members and Committers,
Together with the Board, I've been working on a new revision of the official Eclipse Development Process. The goal of this revision is update the process-as-written to match the process-as-practiced. We've also added a new section about mentorship and a requirement that projects get a public review at least annually.

Now we'd like your comments and suggestions. The draft process is on the wiki. Feel free to insert comments and discussion - my goal is that the final process be our collective best effort and desires and not just a make-work process that gets ignored.

Our next couple of weeks I'll be blogging about different sections of the process - explaining why we've worded it the way we have and what we hope the result will be. Follow on our blog or Planet Eclipse.
--
Bjorn Freeman
Bjorn Freeman-Benson