[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse.org-committers] Webmaster Update: Bugzilla, CVS, and other Infra stuff
- From: "Eclipse WebMaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:12:46 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7-1.1.fc3 (X11/20050929)
1. CHANGE: Bugzilla: Can't set milestone when opening a bug.
2. INFO: Infrastructure issues in Bugzilla
3. INFO: CVS file and directory manipulation using the SSH command line
4. INFO: CVS Groups and users
5. INFO: CVS Permissions requests
1. Bugzilla: Can't set milestone when opening a bug.
As discussed in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=118201 the
ability to set the target milestone when submitting a bug has been
disabled globally. This is a system-wide setting, so even if you're the
King of Spain I can't change it just for you.
Committers can set the Target Milestone of a bug once it has been saved.
Of course, you're free to disagree with the entire decision and vote -1
in the above bug.
2. Infrastructure issues in Bugzilla
A number of folks open eclipse.org issues under the Eclipse
Foundation/Community product. Some of these issues may impact the way
you work with our infrastructure. I suggest poking around there once in
a while. Of course, you can always set buguzilla to watch for
3. CVS file and directory manipulation using the SSH command line
A word of caution when toying with your CVS repository from the command
line: default access permissions are easy to break when working with the
SSH command line. Commands like mkdir, rmdir and rm to manage your CVS
repository should be avoided. We suggest you ask us to remove/move
files and directories.
4. CVS Groups and users
A word of caution when looking at an ls -l output on the command line to
determine access to CVS files. We use ACLs which don't show up using
standard UNIX commands like ls. If a "+" symbol is displayed after the
permissions, it's because there are ACLs.
drwxrwsr-x+ 11 someone somegrp 48 Aug 10 2005 somedir
drwxrwsr-x 11 someone somegrp 48 Aug 10 2005 somedir
Use getfacl to see ACLs.
5. CVS Permissions requests
Requesting additonal CVS permissions should come from your PMC, or from
the Project Lead. Webmaster cannot grant additional permissions to CVS
without their approval. Having only one bug (or e-mail) coming from the
PMC or Project Lead helps expedite your request.
Thanks for reading.
Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the WebMaster FAQ at
View my status at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WebMaster