[eclipse.org-committers] "No disk space left in /tmp" error

Committers,

The Infocenter helps at http://help.eclipse.org have been crashing lately, leaving very large kernel core dump files in the /tmp directories. CVS on node3 and node4 were rendered useless from the /tmp filesystem being full, and CVS on node1 died a few hours later Monday evening. Our websites were never affected to any large extent.

I don't know what causes the Infocenters to crash so often (I had opened a bug for this but can't find it) but I have set the maximum core size to zero bytes. If the Infocenters keep having negative impacts on the stability of eclipse.org, we will remove them from our load-balanced scheme and isolate them to a specific server.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Denis

Back to the top