[eclipse.org-committers] Short CVS outage later tonight

Hi all,

With the help of the IBM team in Ottawa, the problem where some committers cannot commit to some plugins/modules has been identified.

I will be removing CVS from the load-balancing scheme in order to have it served from one specific server. Although dev.eclipse.org's IP address will change, the server's SSH host key will not, so it should be fairly transparent to you.

I will, however, need exclusive access to CVS to move it over, so I will be shutting it down for a short period around 8:00pm Eastern tonight.

I am considering this a temporary solution; I want CVS connections to be load-balanced and redundant in order to provide fault tolerance and high availability, so I will be searching for an alternative solution.

I apologize for the great inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate your usual understanding.

Denis

Back to the top