Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Is jar signing mandatory?

Wayne,

I'm happy that you kicked in.  I'm really uncomfortable with the notion that signing is merely an optional nice-to-have.  I.e., something we can skip because it's obviously easier not to bother, and that's okay, because it's not required.  To me signing is a security issue and a certification of origin.  We should not generally cut corners on such a thing.

Regards,
Ed