[eclipse.org-architecture-council] EFDP Update

Greetings Architecture Council.

As you may have heard, the Eclipse Foundation recently updated its bylaws. This update removes the Planning Council from the bylaws. As such, we need to remove it from the Eclipse Foundation Development Process.

I've authored a pull request for this.

https://github.com/EclipseFdn/EFDP/pull/18

The changes are visible in the diff. The TL;DR is that the planning council is no longer mentioned. I also took the opportunity to completely remove the section on councils that just copied text out of the bylaws.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Note 1: I'm started calling it the "Eclipse Foundation Development Process" to be consistent with other policy/process documents. Feel free to continue to refer to it as the "EDP".

Note 2: We're going to need board approval. If there is anything else that you'd like to change, let's discuss.

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Back to the top