Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Ability to assign git issues to non-committers

Le 13 nov. 2018 à 12:31, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:11 PM Mikaël Barbero <mikael.barbero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, it should be possible to create "Eclipse Foundation members" teams

"Foundation Members" is already used for another meaning in the Bylaws, and I think it excludes non committers, which are actually the ones we want to include. I think we should talk about "Eclipse contributors" or "Eclipse community".

Sure, we need to find the appropriate name, but we're not there yet ;)

Each individual with an Eclipse account associated to a github ID will receive an invite for each orgs the Foundation is managing.

Not cool...

I don't think it's reasonable to do that, especially in the GDPR context.

Does this case specifically constitute a GDPR violation to automatically add people to a GitHub team/org? Just trying to separate both issues if it can be. So if GPDR is not really an issue, we only need to resolve the spamming one.

I'm not a GDPR expert. I mentioned it because every time I think about "reaching out to people without their explicit consent", I think it relates to GDPR. Anyway, spamming is the issue here, and it's induced by the fact that GitHub team membership is based on an invite system. I don't see any way to avoid that.

IMO, the safe way is for account.eclipse.org to provide a mean to join these teams easily.

Would this be as valuable then? Would it be valuable enough to make this development?
I think if it requires an additional opt-in, the adoption rate and value would become too low to be profitable as a tentative solution to the initial problem of assigning issues.

Agreed that the value proposition needs to be adjusted regarding all the requirements. Hence my "WDYT"? :D