Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JSR 384

Stephan,

The bar to voting "no" is very high, and based on these comments we'll go ahead and vote to approve. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

On 2018-09-06 6:34 AM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
Thanks, I scanned the changes in JLS and have no major concern.

Although it is certainly too late for Java 11, it would generally
be extremely helpful, if an index of changes were provided, since
color in a PDF document is not something that I can search for.

Additionally, at least one location (ยง15.27.1) contains changes that
are not marked with change bar and color. The black text does not
easily match with the Java 10 version of the same document.
Black text even defines the new-in-11 option to use 'var' here.

With that in mind, I am not in the position to say that all changes
in JLS are good, since I am unable to identify "all changes".

best,
Stephan