Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] IPZilla rant

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You could ask the IP Team. The problem with making things "explicit" is that it turns into documentation that no one reads and must be maintained.
Food for thought. Many projects engage with the IP team before embarking on the task, to make sure they're doing it the most efficient way (for themselves, and for the IP Team).

So it seems like we agree that the couple PMI/IPZilla -which happens to be the main entry point for IP stuff- is often not the most efficient way to submit a new block of dependencies and that sending mail to IP team is usually better ;) If so, my opinion would be to just remove IPZilla, replace it with a spread sheet or a database maintained by IP team for tracking, and have all IP requests sent by email to IP team to have them advise about about how to best take care of it.

Back to the top