Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JEP 336: deprecate pack200

Also, as one can see from the history of the pack200's spec (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/10/docs/specs/pack-spec.html), it had to evolve a couple of times to follow the evolutions of the class file format.

So by maintaining pack200 support, we're not only talking about maintaining an implementation of the spec, but also the spec itself to follow future evolutions of Java... and my guess is that it's an order of magnitude harder.

Mikaël Barbero
Team Lead - Release Engineering | Eclipse Foundation
📱 (+33) 642 028 039 | 🐦 @mikbarbero