Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JEP 336: deprecate pack200

​Hi Dani,

Thanks for following up with OpenJDK.
I'm curious about some technical alternatives to pack200. With the jmod packaging, weren't there some new compression strategies implemented? If there are some and they are of good quality (ie performing well, likely to be maintained, developed by 3rd-party...), could it be a replacement to pack200? So we could just say we're fine getting rid of pack200 and will consider a better/newer compression in p2 later.

Back to the top