Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JEP 336: deprecate pack200

To be fair, we should only compare the size of *.jar which have matching .jar.pack.gz. So far it's not the case

mbarbero@build:~> find ~/downloads/releases/photon/201806271001/plugins -name "*.jar" | wc -l
5631
mbarbero@build:~> find ~/downloads/releases/photon/201806271001/plugins -name "*.jar.pack.gz" | wc -l
2926

We've twice as many .jar than .jar.pack.gz. So:

mbarbero@build:~> find ~/downloads/releases/photon/201806271001/plugins -name "*.jar.pack.gz" -print0 | sed -e 's/jar.pack.gz/jar/g' | du -hc --files0-from=- | tail -n 1
1,2G total

So we're talking 1.2G vs 741M for a ~ half of the repo.

Cheers

Mikaël Barbero
Team Lead - Release Engineering | Eclipse Foundation
📱 (+33) 642 028 039 | 🐦 @mikbarbero