Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Updating the EDP and more

+1

Dani

From:        Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        05.04.2018 16:27
Subject:        Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Updating the EDP and more
Sent by:        eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 2018-04-05 4:34 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
> I also like to ensure that all forges and communities are included in this process. Especially with EE4J and Jakarta EE, we have a large new community coming to Eclipse. I love that the EDP is at the core of the Eclipse community. As such, I'd like to ensure that the EDP is ready and successful for anyone in the Eclipse community. I also like to look at the AC and identify gaps and ways to allow anyone to be heard and to participate in those discussions.

In support of these goals, I would like to mention that we (the EMO)
have been considering appointing a number of new AC members to represent
these new groups within the Eclipse project community. These
appointments would be in addition to the representatives that are
appointed by each PMC and each Strategic Developer member.

As you may know, under the Bylaws the Executive Director can appoint
individuals to the Architect Council. For many years we have been
following a nomination / election approach to organically grow this
group. This was a conscious decision on my part to have more community
involvement in these appointments. However, it feels that we are at a
bit of an inflection point in the size and diversity of our project
community, and this organic growth model needs a bit of a boost.
Specifically, Wayne and I know of a number (say 10 to 15) individuals
that are very experienced open source people, but are perhaps too new to
the Eclipse community to warrant a nomination in the traditional manner.
In particular, they basically have no links to the more traditional
IDE/RCP/Modeling communities that make up most of the current AC. We
believe that adding these folks to the AC will help us ensure that the
next re-write of the EDP includes new voices and ideas.

Does anyone have any thoughts (positive or negative) about this proposal?

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx