Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] 32-bits for Desktop/RCP applications?

On 2017-12-18 5:14 PM, Mickael Istria wrote:
The target environments has a cross-project effect and may become a cross-project effort/win. Ultimately, the question is whether Simultaneous Release, EPP packages, installer and so on should keep targeting 32-bits and whether they can safely drop it from now on as part of a collective decision. I believe if one of the councils emits a recommendation, it will be easier for projects to take a decision and action here. Without a clear recommendation, it's likely to be a "who's first" staring contest ;) Of course, it should still remain up to project to do differently according to their constraints.

Okay, I'll buy that explanation.

If that's the case it sounds like a Planning Council topic since they decide what the requirements are for the Simultaneous Release. If the goal is to form a consensus that the release train projects drop 32-bit, it feel to me like that's the place to do it.

But that's just my gut feeling.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx