Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Serious issue with Eclipse and menus on macOS 10.13

At the risk of sounding like a complete moron, has anyone tried re-compiling the existing launcher with the very latest and greatest version of Xcode, on a machine running the new MacOS version?

On 2017-09-18 3:54 PM, Torkild U. Resheim wrote:
Hi,

Please do not install the beta/GM on your workstations unless you are prepared to face the consequences ;) Well, actually I’m doing pretty good all thanks to the «Quick Access», I rarely used the menu anyway. But for RCP applications without this feature we do have a problem.

I believe we are plenty of people looking into it and there are quite a few that can reproduce the issue. I guess the question is whether or not one is inclined to start digging into the Eclipse launcher executable, which I think is the culprit. I might be wrong, but in any case it appears we’re talking about some delicate OS/UI thing.

I can try to sum up the current situation:

* Menus are disabled on macOS 10.13 when running Eclipse Platform based applications
* Plain SWT applications are not affected
* This has only happened when running on real hardware
* Using VirtualBox and VMWare we have been unsuccessful reproducing the issue
* But on one i5 based MacBook Pro it could not be reproduced (Martin O.)
* We have tried various combinations of Java installations, but that appears unrelated
* When the native launcher (eclipse.exe) is omitted, the problem does not occur

Best regards,
Torkild