Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Cleaning up Eclipse Marketplace Solution Entries?

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Dr. Marcel Bruch <marcel.bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's a simplistic solution to the problem I raised: I propose that every solution provider should get an email by the EF (once). That email asks the provider to renew/update his marketplace solution within 30 days. If he does not do that, the marketplace entry will be disabled.
That will probably identify most inactive/unmaintained solutions quickly (and can be reversed if needed).

It's not very nice to good citizen to enforce them some action because of bad citizens dropping obsolete content.
I process that doesn't require anything from known to be working solutions would be nicer.
Maybe your process would be nice if we send the mail only to the providers of solutions that didn't have any successful install in the last 3 months?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top