Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Cleaning up Eclipse Marketplace Solution Entries?

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Mike Wilson <Mike_Wilson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If the update site is gone, we shouldn't show the project in the marketplace. The only issue there is making sure we don't delete entries that are valid because of a glitch in their hosting provider.

I don't think we can fully do it automatically with a single check.
I think it should require something like one check, another a couple of days ago, if still failing a notification to the admins of the listing giving them something like 2 weeks to fix there stuff, and then 2 weeks after the notifaction, another automated check before we Marketplace proceeds to automated disablement of the solution.
It doesn't seem so much of an easy process to set up.
And by the way, if we go down that path, we can replace the update site available by an actual install check (running p2 director with the target version of the IDE and so on...). But it's not a free operation neither, both to setup and run.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top