Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Discussing Hard Requirement for Guava 21 in Oxygen

Marcel,

On 9. May 2017, at 16:56, Marcel Bruch <marcel.bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think this is not an option since recomputing the wiring whenever a new plugin gets installed, might break Eclipse installations that worked before the new plugin was installed (because of incomplete uses constraints).

I understand your concern around "never touch a running system". However, if we continue to think inside those limitations we'll never able to come up with a general solution but only workarounds.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/