[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Neon.3 too broken to be delivered - this is NOT A FIRE DRILL

Dear AC,

Neon.3 seems to be broken in many places: I’m aware of (severe) problems in Egit, Oomph, Eclipse Marketplace Client, and Code Recommenders. However, it seems that all discussions on cross-project-issues or planning-council mailing lists fizzled/came to nothing. So far, no one was taking any actions nor did anyone take lead on these issues or coordinated working on a solution to date.

IMO, we need to release Neon.3a by following one of Melanie Bats proposed solutions/workarounds [1] or stop distributing Neon.3. This needs to be done IMMEDIATELY.

I’d like to take the discussion on how to get things rolling to the next AC meeting on Thursday since this is the highest council I have access to. Please note that I’m NOT asking for a discussion on how to solve the technical problem; I’m looking for a way how the initiate the problem resolution process for this problem.

Marcel

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg02741.html

--
Codetrails GmbH