Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] On subject of JSR's - JigSaw

thanks Dani - cc'ed Scott and Jason for info.
/max

> I know Jason was really interested to hear if anyone looked into the impact how use of jigsaw
> modules from within a osgi bundle will work/behave as that would become a future issue/concern.

This might be of interest if not already seen: https://www.eclipseconverge.org/na2017/session/osgi-java-modules-jpms-all-way-down

Dani

From:        "Max Rydahl Andersen" <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        Scott Stark <sstark@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jason Greene <jgreene@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        15.04.2017 23:28
Subject:        Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] On subject of JSR's - JigSaw
Sent by:        eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 15 Apr 2017, at 14:23, Mikaël Barbero wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> Thanks for the link. Very well written. It depicts very well how
> concerning is the jsr-376. One question: what can we do today about
> this final draft?

If you have additional real life examples where jigsaw makes life harder
than it should be those would be welcome. i.e. I know Jason was really
interested to hear if anyone looked into the impact how use of jigsaw
modules from within a osgi bundle will work/behave as that would become
a future issue/concern.

Also, Eclipse as a JCP member could also take a stance on the JSR wether
to vote yay, nay or abstain.

/max

https://developer.jboss.org/blogs/scott.stark/2017/04/14/critical-deficiencies-in-jigsawjsr-376-java-platform-module-system-ec-member-concerns

http://about.me/maxandersen