Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] [ide-dev] Fixing the Target platform editor

Overall the question is: where as a whole does the Oomph technology stack live?  Why does it need to move at all?
I believe the projects and their contents are typically grouped by target-user/use-case/persona and that ideally, there would be only one project for each persona. The benefit would be for the project (or more techncally, for their contained features) to have more staffed and more innovative, and for users to more easily discover and "navigate" in features with more UX consistency....
I don't say Oomph *needs* to move to PDE. Even more, some parts of Oomph seem definitely better being an entirely separated concept, as they don't share much concern with other projects and do target new users/use-cases; but, based on my "vision" explained below, I just think the for the greater good of our community and users, the parts of Oomph which are purely about plugin development (Target-Platform mostly) would be very well placed in PDE directly.

But on the other hand, I don't see it as a blocker in our community, and it's always easy to say "that would have been better if you..." after the fact and without being involved in the development of the project. So overall, don't feel too much about what I say it's not worth it ;)
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top