Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] [ide-dev] Fixing the Target platform editor

On 11/22/2016 04:47 PM, Ed Merks wrote:
The .target editor is basically unusable.  It screws up IDE's current resolved target just to open the editor.  I never use it and I cringe when I'm at a customer site and they double-click the generated .target file that they need only for their Tycho build.
Even if there existed a great .target editor (or there existed an editor with a prettier syntax), the built-in ITargetDefinition implementation itself is very poor.
Did you consider contributing enhancement to the default implementation of ITargetDefinition or to the .target editor?

I think our community would be better off if there were less things in the platform (PDE and JDT don't belong there).
+1.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top