Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Architecture Council Subcommittees

The name is baked into Bylaws. Changing it is hard. During the last revision, we made sure that providing actual architectural oversight was in the list of responsibilities. I believe that the name is still apt. Further, I believe that the notion of subcommittees puts us more on track to actually provide real architectural oversight and advice.

The Che and Dirigible projects aren't going to join the ide-dev list if they have to filter through unrelated discussion topics.

Frankly, I'm thinking of this as a big opportunity for the AC to provide real value to the community. The problem that I'm hoping to solve is to make sure that we have a coherent story around LSP. With our cross-project visibility, I think that the AC is uniquely positioned to provide that. Early successes are great, but sustained success requires continued focus and leadership.

HTH,

Wayne