Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] New IP Process [Was - Re: 11-Aug AC meeting notes]

I think it is the large companies like those on the board that want the "full coverage." They have a different perception of what "enough" means.

Jay

On Aug 16, 2016 7:13 AM, "Christian Campo" <christian.campo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So that sounds like everybody is simply moving to Type A (or least can without any disadvantage).

I am still unsure I understand what the benefit of Type B will be if Type A has „enough“ protection.

christian

Von: <eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@windriver.com>
Antworten an: "eclipse. org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: Dienstag, 16. August 2016 um 12:13
An: "mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "eclipse. org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] New IP Process [Was - Re: 11-Aug AC meeting notes]

No I don't know of such a company (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist :)).

So you just answered the other thought that we discussed at the AC meeting, "it looks like no company actually needs the super-strict policies in place today". The comparison with the Apache Foundation clearly does help.

Thanks,
Martin