From: Mike Milinkovich [mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 3:32 PM
To: Oberhuber, Martin; eclipse.org-architecture-council
Subject: Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] New IP Process [Was - Re: 11-Aug AC meeting notes]

On 2016-08-12 05:08 AM, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

Let’s assume that my company wants to re-distribute Type B software only, because we want to make extra sure to avoid any lawsuits or other hidden risks down the road.

Such a company does not exist. I know of no companies that are serious adopters of open source who do not ship software from the Apache Software Foundation. The due diligence levels of Type A exceed those of the ASF.

Do you have an existence proof of a company that ship code from the Eclipse Foundation but refuses to ship code from Apache?

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top